Department of Kindergarten
The school adopts a holistic approach to develop students’ personality, with the inclusion of Sports and Performing Arts (SPA) into the curriculum. Some of the methods followed, at SRM to ensure all-round developments of children are as follows:
- SRM KIDS are taught with innovative methods, with individualised attention and guidance to develop their inherent potential with sensitivity to multiple intelligence.
- Students are taught to uphold their social, moral and spiritual values by affirming the worth and dignity of each individual and instilling in each student a caring attitude towards society during their value education periods. They are also exposed to activities which sensitise them to the needs of the less privileged through caring and sharing.
- They are taught to respect cultural diversity, belief sand values of all people and to work with a sense of commitment, social responsibility and open mindedness through celebrations without any distinction.
- Students are encouraged to build life skills such as team spirit to achieve a common goal, develop awinning attitude by accepting failure as another step to success through projects and sports activities.
- Students are also motivated to express them selves and give vent to/ recognise their potential in different forms of art like music (instrumental/vocal),drama and dance.
THE RIGHT OUTLOOK
- Studies have shown that maximum brain development of a child happens in its formative years. • The TARA Kids approach ensures all aspects of your child’s growth is taken care of with warmth and affection.
- In an increasingly competitive world, it pays to have even a slight advantage. To cater to this need, we’ve adopted an approach that stimulates the power of thinking and assimilation.
- The students in response feel enthusiastic about learning and as a consequence move ahead towards success.
- While the major objective of assessment is to measure progress and achievement of students that reflect the effectiveness of the classroom transaction, it also serves as a feedback mechanism for the students.
- The assessment pattern helps highlight areas where performance can be improved, in concurrence with the concept of holistic development of the student.
- Kindergarten follows a non-formal, continuous and comprehensive assessment pattern with both oral and written assessments.
- Written assessments are done in the worksheets periodically given to check understanding. They serve as practice for students, just like a meaningful assignment.
- Ongoing assessments that are structured through Auuro kids are conducted for each concept.
Our curriculum is designed to focus on language development, math skills, knowledge and humanities, general awareness, creative arts and crafts, and music helping each child develops a polished personality at a tender age.
- Providing the right start for emotional and educational growth
- Developing interpersonal skills
- Generating and keeping alive curiosity, an essential ingredient for learning
- Developing a healthy attitude, social awareness, and etiquette
- Initiation of globally accepted learning methodologies
- A pioneer in Early Childhood Care and Education
- We have the largest number of educational institutions
- The SRM programs, being age appropriate, integrate a cohesive learning pedagogy
- Our pedagogy is designed to help the children realize their unique abilities in a systematic, synergetic, and self-paced manner.
- Every child is a gift of God. As such, it’s the responsibility of everyone to treat them with love and care. SRM believes in the same and follows the TARA – Talents, Arts, Recognitions, Awards ideology for its pre-primary wing.
- Our goal is to respond to the call of creating the emerging leaders of tomorrow. We are committed to impacting a synergy of skills, knowledge, and values in our children to lend them their inner voice for the 21st century.
- We envision today’s children as tomorrow’s leadership icons. We have impacted a milestone departure from the teacher-led to the childcentric.
- Our learning environment enables each child to realize their unique learning style, while our Multiple Intelligence -aided methodology helps them discover their own creative and aesthetic potential.