Our Founder Chancellor Dr. T. R. Paarivendhar is a man of keen intellect and has a rare combination of sterling qualities of simplicity, compassion, fortitude, indomitable will and irrepressible zeal. He continues to work ceaselessly for the cause of education. His relentless work for the propagation of education has borne fruit and there are several colleges under the SRM Banner. Dr. R. Shiva Kumar is the correspondent of the school. Under his abled guidance the students are able to acquire the technological skills and knowledge required to participate in a competitive global economy.
A true visionary, a pioneer in education, love for nation dedicated his life to the service of the people with his patriotic fervour. His legacy of service and goodness, championing the cause of the poor and continues to inspire one and all.
From very humble beginnings in 1969, SRM Nightingale Mat. Hr. Sec. School has grown leaps and bounds and now stands tall and proud with impressive buildings, innovation in technology, imparting supreme quality education to the students in an environment of complete academic freedom, experience top of the world living.
Education is the process of bringing out the best in man
With this aim, our Founder Chancellor Dr. T.R Paarivendhar started, the Nightingale School in the year 1969 with a handful of students. Since then it has made giant strides in the ﬁeld of education. This co-educational school has made incessant endeavours to provide all round development of children at all levels.
The School has carved a niche for itself both academically as well as on the cultural front. The Silver Jubilee of the school was celebrated in the academic year 1993-94 & Golden Jubilee of the school was celebrated in the academic year 2018-19.
The goal of the school is to develop responsible citizens of the country apart from academic excellence. Children are encouraged to participate in many extracurricular activities including music, art, dramatics, dance, quizzing and sports. Moral education forms a part of the learning experience. At Nightingale School, parents can be conﬁdent that their children are in competent hands and in a most congenial environment.
|Sanskrit Lyrics||Lyrics transliterated in English||Meaning in English|
|असतोमा सद्गमय ।||asato mā sadgamaya||From ignorance, lead me to truth;|
|तमसोमा ज्योतिर् गमय ।||tamasomā jyotir gamaya||From darkness, lead me to light;|
|मृत्योर्मामृतं गमय ॥||mrityormāamritam gamaya||From death, lead me to immortality|
|ॐ शान्ति शान्ति शान्तिः ।।||Oṁ śhānti śhānti śhāntiḥ||Om peace, peace, peace|
To emerge as a school of excellence by creating an environment of academic freedom that promotes holistic education and providing a unique learning experience as lifelong knowledge seekers, and the practice the core values of the school in terms of forbearance, respect and excellence.
Lord, Make me an instrument of your peace
Where there is hatred, let me sow love
Where there is injury, pardon,
Where there is doubt, faith
Where there is despair, hope,
Where there is darkness, light,
And where there is sadness, joy,
O, Divine Master grant that, I may not so much seek
To be understood, as to understand
To be loved as to love
For it is in giving, that we receive
It is in pardoning, that we are pardoned
It is in dying, that we are born to eternal life
We the children of SRM Nightingale School pledge to be disciplined in behavior and reﬁned in our thoughts, speech and action.
We pledge to learn the holistic education imparted and develop qualities, which will make us good citizens.
We pledge to be always truthful, presentable, respect the liberty and rights of others.
We pledge to value our time and use our energies for something positive and useful.
We pledge to respect and conserve the diverse bounties of nature and make the world a better place to live in.
• All our co – curricular and extracurricular activities ensure that all students graduate from high school prepared for higher education and a future as a productive and critically thinking adult with leadership skill in a global society.
• Computer Education: The school provides multimedia based education to make learning a fun and interactive process. This helps the children to equip themselves to face the fast changing technology of today with conﬁdence.
• Counselling: A trained Counsellor is available to help students to cope with their educational and emotional problems.
• Summer Classes : To develop various skills of children, the following classes are conducted during summer vacation.
2) Roller Skating
4) Arts & Crafts
9) Spoken English
10) Key Board
11) Personality Development.
• Regular interaction with parents to improve the performance of their wards.
• Air conditioned Class room for Kindergarten.
• Medical Facility: The students are given medical assistance from SRM Hospital attached to the school. A medical Check-up is done for all students, yearly once.
• Occupational Therapy: Children having learning disability are referred to occupational therapy attached to SRM Hospital.
• Language Lab: It helps to improve the communication skills. Easwari Engineering College assists the children in this respect.
• Smart Room: With LCD Projectors to give Technology Based Education. Various programmes, Seminars will make the updated interactive intact.
• Interactive Board: Classrooms are provided with smart board for interactive & natural learning. It provides a simple, easy experience that students immediately recognize and adapt. It promotes creativity while
• Math Lab: Children need to ﬁrst make sense of the world around, then develop number sense and spatial sense – before they can successfully grasp the concept of mathematics. Maths lab helps to learn mathematical concepts through activities.
Students are divided into four houses under the name of precious stone.
1. Emerald House
2. Ruby House
3. Sapphire House
4. Topaz House
Inter school competitions are conducted among the four houses to encourage the participation and acquiring skills.
The Management of the school oﬀers scholarship for students based on their academic performance.
First three toppers from our school in std X public examination joining class XI will be given 50% fee concession for the classes XI & XII.
Merit Scholarship from Std III To XI
For applicants who have scored a minimum of 80% in academics.
For the children of Alumni
For applicants who have represented and won in the district and state level competitions.
Students and their parents can avail 5% concession in SRM Hospital and Pharmacy which are adjacent to the School
“Nightingale School we praise you
Our Alma mater dear,
Though creeds and tongues may differ,
We stand united here,
Nightingale we adore you
The School that makes us great,
You spread your wings of knowledge
For life it’s power indeed
Onward we march proclaiming
Truth, honour, hope and light
Nightingale we adore you
The school that makes us great”